Tickets are now on sale for the 2012 Key West Food & Wine Festival. The third annual Festival takes place January 26 through January 29, providing four fun-filled days of culinary delights and funky events you would only expect to experience in Key West.
The Festival’s signature events are back. The ‘Kick Off Your Flip-Flops Barefoot Beach Party’ starts the fun by getting everyone in an island frame of mind. This year’s Grand Tasting – “Turtles and Sharks and Mermaids, OH MY!,” – is being hosted by the Key West Aquarium and is sure to delight with a more refined selection of wines. And ‘Duval Uncorked’ once again leads guests along the quirky and famous Duval Street for a mile-long tasting extravaganza.
Also returning are the popular neighborhood strolls, one-of-a-kind fundraisers like coconut bowling, various informative seminars, and the outdoor wine market.
“Our past two years have been a hit and we can’t wait until our 2012 festival” says Event Director Mark Certonio. Food and wine enthusiasts from across the country will join locals to enjoy Key West’s freshest seafood, unique local ingredients, gorgeous weather, and premium wines from around the world.
For more details on all Festival events, how to become a sponsor, and our plans for giving back to local non-profit organizations, visit www.kwfwf.com. Be sure to sign up for the newsletter, Juiced, to stay up-to-date as events are added and schedules are finalized.
Festival Dates: January 26-29, 2012 – Thursday through Sunday
Signature Events: • Kick Off Your Flip-Flops Barefoot Beach Party – Thursday @ 5:00 PM
• Turtles and Sharks and Mermaids, OH MY! Grand Tasting – Friday @ 5:00 PM
• Duval UNCORKED – Saturday @ 3:30 PM
• Seafood Shakedown & Outdoor Wine Market – Sunday @ 12:00 PM
• Aroma Yoga Juiced – blending yoga on the beach with essential oils created by
CosmicFlower, topped off by a delicious smoothie from Key West cookbook author
Donna Shields – Friday @ 8:30 AM
• The flaming buoy filet co. restaurant presents – serious local flavors paired with unique
wines (think lobster mac & cheese paired with marsanne) – Saturday @ 6:30 PM
• Neighborhood Strolls – Thursday @ 7:30 PM
• Seminars – Friday & Saturday
• Key West Shrimp Boil – Saturday @ 12:00 PM
• Coconut Bowling & Recipe Contest – Saturday @ 1:00 PM
Prices: Event tickets range from $10 – $130 per person
• Available for $335 per person
• Includes Kickoff Party, Grand Tasting, Duval Uncorked, One Stroll, One Seminar,
Coconut Bowling, Seafood Shakedown, Outdoor Wine Market, Gift Bag